Dame de l'hôpital
1, place Alphonse Laveran, 75005 Paris
1853 - Cavaillé-Coll
1885 - Merklin
1927 - J.M. Koenig
1993 - François Delangue et Bernard Hurvy
Photo: Pierre Marteau
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ACCUEIL A-C
The organ was built by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll in
1853, for the church of Sainte-Geneviève, which
became the Pantheon in 1885. The organ was
then transferred to the Val-de-Grâce by Merklin.
The last time it was heard in the Pantheon was
probably at funeral of Victor Hugo.
In 1927, maintenance was carried out by Paul-
Marie Koenig. It was restored by François
Delangue and Bernard Hurvy in 1933.
The organ of Val-de-Grâce is one the rare
authentic organs of Cavaillé-Coll in Paris and
sounds beautiful, empowered by the beautiful
acoustics of the church itself.
Site of the organ
Val-de-Grâce is a former abbey and nowadays a
military hospital. The church was completed in 1667
and designed by François Mansart and Jacques
Lemercier. It is probably the finest example of
baroque architecture in Paris.
Since the Benedictine nuns provided medical care for
injured revolutionaries during the French Revolution,
the church was not badly damaged during the
revolution. The old abbey alongside the church is now
a museum of French army medicine.
Suppléant: Yannick Merlin
Famous organists in the past: Clément Loret (1833-1909)
Every Sunday afternoon 5.30PM
Messes avec orgue